STOR at University Research Week 2020December 11, 2020
University Research Week 2020 took place October 19-23, 2020. STOR organized some short research talks in our classes to share with students some research activities happening in our department.
Please find below the list of the talks:
- Mr. David Peery (undergrad student) in Prof. Giacomazzo's STOR 320 class on Oct. 19th.
- Prof. Yao Li in her STOR 320 class on Oct. 20th.
- Mr. Nicholas Carson Mosso (Ph.D. student) in Prof. Olvera-Cravioto's STOR 305 class on Oct. 20th.
- Mr. Adam Waterbury Thomas (Ph.D. student) in Prof. Ziya's STOR 445 class on Oct. 22nd.
- Mr. Zoubouloglou Pavlos (Ph.D. student) in Prof. Giacomazzo's STOR 538 class on Oct. 23rd.
We hope you enjoyed all the talks!
University Research Week (URW) is an annual, campus-wide event designed to improve awareness of what it means to be a research university, align the University’s missions of producing world-class research and providing a world-class undergraduate education, and promote opportunities for students to discover and engage in research and scholarship. In support of this week-long effort, departments are encouraged to coordinate department-specific activities such as research interest group meetings; workshops for faculty and students to network and foster new research opportunities; symposia highlighting faculty and student research and scholarship; and tours of laboratories and other research facilities. In addition, faculty are encouraged to take 15-20 minutes during a class that week to discuss their own research with undergraduate students.
Click here for 2020’s full University Research Week Schedule. Please visit the site for details, including a number of recorded events available on demand.